20 Amazing Facts And Figures Of Cord Cutting
1. Cord cutting is nothing but replacing the Pay TV with the over the top streaming media services
2. According to the recent reports, revealed that cord cutting becomes trend in North America and many other countries too.
3. 8.4 percent of the TV subscribers had ditched their service
4. In 2015, it raised to 1.5 percent
5. In a survey, the pay-TV subscribers said that they are going to reduce the cable or satellite TV services
6. Cord cutting also called as “Cord Saving.”
7. People are adopted towards the online video streaming services and leaving the Pay TV
8. Consumers of Pay TV were dissatisfied because of high subscription rates for the satellite services and the poor cable services.
9. 45 percent cable services stopped
10. More than nine percent people are decided to cut the cable services
11. Some seven percent internet service users make their decision to cut their internet connection because of low services from the provider
12. More than 81 percent people are watching, just one to ten channels from the Pay TV out of some 100 channels at an average provided by the provider.
13. More than 38 percent companies are offering poor customer services also one of the reasons for cord cutting
14. 40 percent pay TV users are only watching one to five channels
15. Awareness increased in the people in which more than 58 percent respondents have good knowledge on one or more services that are available
16. Consumers are spending more than one to five hours of time on various services
17. The Pay TV industry was losing its subscribers, and according to 2015 reports, it revealed that more than thirty thousand customers lost from the industry.
18. Cable companies were combined lost more than ninety thousand subscribers
19. More than 1.42 million households in the US are cutting their Pay TV subscription
20. More than 3 million US homes got broadband connection rather than Pay TV connections